Friday, April 15, 2011

Finding Your HAPPY Spot "Inner Peace"

I have been asked many times how I find the time, the balance, the energy to do everything that I do.  I am a competitor, which requires hours of training a day, i work a full time job at a gym, and I also train private clients in another city that is 45 minutes away that I travel to five to six days a week.  I am also in the process of filming a pilot for a reality TV show.
Let me tell you this:  I don't always get the dishes done, my laundry piles up on a regular basis, I rarely get to the beach (although that is why I live in Florida), I don't eat out, and my partner sometimes feels neglected.  I am tired EVERY night, but I love Waking up in the morning.  I forget to call my friends, parents, and even my DAUGHTER back on a regular basis.  I am not perfect, contrary to popular belief.  I don't always feel beautiful, I'm not always on point. But do I feel overwhelmed?  NO.  Why? ATTITUDE  What most people see are the positives because of the ATTITUDE that I portray on a daily basis. 

Every morning I wake up with a smile ready to hit the ground running blessed to be alive, free, and happy.  I have battled many disorders and sadness in my life and I love the feeling of improving myself, helping someone else, and giving back to the Universe.  I have found my Happy spot by finding inner peace.  I follow a mantra of positive thinking and access The Power of Now.  Your thoughts can change your life.  They have changed mine. There is a difference between being Happy and finding "inner peace".  Inner peace is the ability to say "is that so" when life does what it does and defeat the drama queen in all of us with presence.  This is achieved by letting go of your ego and enjoy each moment in the present.  "Live for today, because yesterday is gone and tomorrow never comes."  This is my saying I have had for years (actually was my quote in my high school year book over fifteen years ago)  I have only in the past five years come to truly understand what it means.  When you live in the present moment you forgo worries of the future and pains of the past.  Drama is unable to enter your life.  So today I challenge you to find your Happy Spot and release your negativity.
*"All inner resistance is experienced as negativity in one form or another.

All negativity is resistance. In this context, the two words are almost synonymous. Negativity ranges from irritation or impatience, to fierce anger, from a depressed mood or sullen resentment to suicidal despair. Sometimes the resistance triggers the emotional pain-body, in which case even a minor situation may produce intense negativity, such as anger, depression or deep grief. The ego believes that through negativity it can manipulate reality and get what it wants.

Once you have identified with some form of negativity, YOU DO NOT WANT TO LET IT GO and on some deep level, you do not want positive change. It would threaten your identity as a depressed, angry or hard-done- by person. You will then ignore, deny or sabotage the positive in your life. This is a common phenomenon. IT IS ALSO INSANE."* .  Find your inner peace and you will change your life and touch those around you.  Become a fully conscious person.  "It is what it is....."

 Excerpt from The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle
"When two or more egos come together, drama of some kind or another ensues. But even if you live totally alone, you still create your own drama. When you feel sorry for yourself, that’s drama. When you feel guilty or anxious , that’s drama. When you let the past or future obscure the present, you are creating .the stuff of which drama is made. Whenever you are not honoring the present moment by allowing it to be, you are creating drama."

"Most people are in love with their particular life drama. Their story IS their particular life drama. When you live with complete acceptance of what is, that is the end of all drama in your life.

YOU CANNOT HAVE AN ARGUMENT WITH A FULLY CONSCIOUS PERSON."

* Dennis Diehl  Holistic Healing

No comments: