Saturday, December 24, 2011

Vegan Gingerbread Pancakes and Happy Holidays

Last night I made Vegan Gingersnap Molasses Cookies and they were delicious. So I decided when I awoke this morning to take the guts of that recipe and make some wonderful pancakes.  These pancakes are sensational and healthy.  You can substitute the type of flour depending on your taste or needs.  I wanted some extra protein so I made the majority of mine with a soy flour, but I have used coconut, whole wheat, or any other gluten free flour of your choice.  I hope you enjoy and may you have a blessed holiday season!

Vegan Gingerbread Pancakes

Dry Ingredients:
1 cup soy flour
1/2 cup buckwheat flower
2 tsp. baking soda
1 Tbs. ground ginger
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. ground cloves

1 or 2 crushed candy canes

Wet Ingredients:
1 Tbs. coconut oil
1/4 cup applesauce
1/4 cup molasses
1 1/2 cups coconut milk
3/4 cup water 1 tsp. vanilla

Mix dry ingredients is a bowl and create a well in the center for the liquid ingredients.  Add liquid ingredients and mix thoroughly.  Add crushed candy canes last heat griddle and cook!  Makes 2 to 4 servings depending on how hungry you are!