Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Adrenal Fatigue: What is it? Do You Have it?

Adrenal Fatigue is a health disorder that is continuously misdiagnosed and widely ignored in the medical community. Adrenal fatigue can affect anyone especially those that experience constant stress.  It is estimated that nearly 80% of people will experience adrenal fatigue at some point in their lives.

So why is this important?  

  I know a lot of people living with varying degrees of adrenal fatigue.  I see clients every day that have no energy, are always tired and run down, and can't figure out why they are having health and weight issues. This is important because we want to feel as sexy on the inside as we want to look on the outside!

Well let's first start with the adrenal glands!  These small pyramid shaped glands are responsible for helping with the production of over 50 hormones!  The powerhouses produce hormones that help us deal with STRESS! They produce the hormone adrenaline, and also make DHEAs, cortisol, testosterone, and estrogen to name a fewThey also are important in your immune function, regulating your body temperature, and keeping blood sugar levels stable. 

If they are out of whack, you usually feel extreme exhaustion that never budges, lethargic, dizzy, depressed, and weak. To make matters worse, you may even incur allergies, low blood pressure, low blood sugar, and abnormal body temperatures.This exhaustion is puts undue stress on our bodies. Biochemically, stress does things in the body that eventually lead to the breakdown of tissue or to a dramatic disturbance in hormonal function.

Because of this, many of our modern disease patterns are heavily related to the stress in our lives and how we manage it. These are common disorders, like: 


· Obesity
· Diabetes
· Heart disease
· Autoimmune disorders like celiac disease, hypothyroidism, and rheumatoid arthritis
· Gut disorders, like irritable bowl syndrome
· Hormonal imbalance, such as irregular menses or possibly infertility

Adrenal Fatigue can lead you down a path of destruction and cause many issues.  I had Adrenal Fatigue when I was a figure competitor and eventually it turned into hypothyroidism.  I was prescribed drugs to cover the situation. I had gained weight, was eating less to compensate and training more and harder, my coach thought I must not be following the "plan".  I was tired, miserable and ill.  I finally got fed up and knew I couldn't take it anymore.  I had damaged my metabolism, my thyroid, my entire body so I decided to heal myself holistically. It has taken me a couple years, but thankfully I am well and not on any prescription medications!  
I no longer have hypothyroidism and my metabolism is finally working again.  It can be done!  If you would like to listen to my recent Teleclass about Adrenal Fatigue you can call 626-677-3003 Access Code 627373
Want more information about how to Heal your Adrenals and Thyroid?  You can Schedule a Consultation.

Click Here to Schedule your PHONE consultation



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing valuable information about adrenal fatigue.