Friday, April 13, 2012

Delicious Gluten Free Sweet Potato Pie Waffles




I'm always trying new recipes that are nutritious, yet taste amazing and this is my new favorite.  This morning as I looked in my refrigerator I was out of my green smoothies and still needed to head to the local farmer's market for my weekly produce. So I searched for something that would taste great and required little effort.  I've been wanting to try to make a gluten- free waffle because I've been trying to stay away from wheat ( I think it is one of the major causes of my skin irritations)

WAFFLES (can be made Vegan by omitting the EGGS) will be slightly less fluffy but taste amazingly the same

Sweet Potato Pie Waffles
1 1/3 cups of Sweet Potato flour (organic product of Peru)
2/3 cups Almond flour
1/3 cup ground Flax meal
1/2 tbs baking soda
pinch of sea salt
1/2 tbs Cinnamon
2 tsp Pumpkin Pie spice
1 tsp Nutmeg
pinch of Stevia powder

Put all dry ingredients in a bowl make a well in the center for liquids

1 1/2  cups almond milk
1 tbs apple cider vinegar
2 tbs coconut oil
(optional) 2 Free Range Eggs

Mix apple cider vinegar with almond milk and let curdle. Pour all wet ingredients in bowl and mix with whisk.  Pour in waffle iron.  Top with raw honey or 100% pure Maple Syrup.  Make 3 to 4 servings depending on how hungry you are!!


No comments: