Thursday, April 19, 2012

Seeing green

So Day 3 of the Spring Green Clean was great for me!  I had lots of energy (but I wasn't going through caffeine withdrawals as much as others).  I did light cardio in the morning and some heavy weights upper body then did Insanity: The Asylum Day 24 later at night.  I feel my energy stores picking up and I wasn't hungry.  Although I know at least one person doing this detox with us was quite hungry!


In my cleansing program I have include many superfoods and other ingredients for their amazing properties.  I will try to inform you about each of these throughout the 10 days. Today I'm going to talk about one of the important ingredients in my detox plan.  


Wheatgrass

Is Wheatgrass important? Yes! It increases red blood-cell count and lowers blood pressure. It cleanses the blood, organs and gastrointestinal tract of debris. Wheatgrass stimulates metabolism and the body’s enzyme systems by enriching the blood. It  aids in reducing blood pressure by dilating the blood pathways throughout the body.
Stimulates the thyroid gland, correcting obesity, indigestion, and a host of other complaints.
It also restores alkalinity to the blood. The juice's abundance of alkaline minerals helps reduce over-acidity in the blood. It can be used to relieve many internal pains, and has been used successfully to treat peptic ulcers, ulcerative colitis, constipation, diarrhea, and other complaints of the gastrointestinal tract.
Is a powerful detoxifier, and liver and blood protector. The enzymes and amino acids found in wheatgrass can protect us from carcinogens like no other food or medicine. It strengthens our cells, detoxifies the liver and bloodstream, and chemically neutralizes environmental pollutants.
Wheatgrass fights tumors and neutralizes toxins. Recent studies show that wheatgrass juice has a powerful ability to fight tumors without the usual toxicity of drugs that also inhibit cell-destroying agents. The many active compounds found in grass juice cleanse the blood and neutralize and digest toxins in our cells.

Todays Menu Included: (each smoothie has different greens for variety such as romaine, kale, beet tops, carrot tops, dill, parsley, swiss chard, spinach, etc)  These are all my own creations!

Breakfast:  Orange, Carrot, Collard Green Juiced
Snack: Beet Me into Submission (Superfoods smoothie)
Lunch: Brocolli Soup (garlic, cayennne)
Snack: Orange you in Mint Condition (orange, mint, carrot tops)
Dinner: Salad in a Cup Smoothie
Before Bed: Pearly Coco for You ( coconut oil, flax)

I have now lost a total of 8 lbs in 3 days, please understand though that this is not normal I retain A LOT of water.  I am completely nourished and not worried about losing muscle. I am "seeing" green every where you will notice it too just check the toilet!

Interested in doing your own cleanse?  I offer guidance!  Health Coach


No comments: