Saturday, April 21, 2012

Hump Day: It's all done hill from here!

OM
I made it!  I'm halfway through my 10 day cleanse and I'm feeling great.  I may be the only one that feels this way though!  "Hungry, Tired, and Cranky" seem to be just a few of the words being used to describe feelings of the last few days.  I'm keeping up with my workouts and even did yoga for the second day in a row. I love yoga because it not only helps me feel balanced mentally, but also alleviates the feelings of wear and tear from Insanity: The Asylum.  It is my time to put my intentions to the universe to center my thoughts and work out my frustrations.  My favorite yoga place in Fort Lauderdale is this amazing little studio off Oakland Park Blvd. call The Bombay Room.  I found it by accident last year when I bought a living social deal and it has been my home ever since.
The uphill battle is over, the hardest part is done.  Usually by Day 5 one's addictions to caffeine, sugar, alcohol, or other things starts to subside.  The withdrawal symptoms lessen and the energy will start coming back.  So it's all downhill from here!  Smooth going now is when the real work starts the body starts releasing the toxins and chemicals that have been holding it hostage for years.  My skin is already 75% better than it was five days ago!  I took pictures at the beginning and I will again at the end to compare.  My skin is glowing too.


cayenne pepperToday I am cover another amazing spice that has so many health benefits that it is almost unbelievable. Its reputation is growing amount medical researchers and alternative health people such as myself. Cayenne pepper has been show to kill cancer cells, stop heart attacks in 30 seconds, increase metabolism, and help adjust blood pressure to normal levels.  These are just a few of the amazing benefits but even more importantly it cleans the arteries and helps rid the body of bad LDL cholesterol and triglycerides.  Cayenne aids in digestion from assimilation to elimination and will even help rebuild flesh and the tissue in the stomach facilitating healing of intestinal ulcers.  This is why I have added it to many of my green smoothie recipes in the past 5 days!

Some more good news I have now lost a total of ten pounds myself, with others following behind with anywhere from 3 to 8!  Again the weight loss is just a positive side affect of this amazing cleanse!  Want more information on how I can guide you to a life of health an wellness?  Visit my website at www.FitChicMelissa.com  and follow along on twitter @FitChicMelissa and @PlantBasedAthle





No comments: