Friday, April 20, 2012

Why does Garlic repel Vampires?

I don't know why Vampires are repelled by garlic but I can tell you that I love it an have been using it in several of my green smoothies during my 10 day reboot!
Day 4 of the cleanse has come and gone and each day my skin gets a little clearer.  This is my ultimate goal, I have been dealing with skin disorders for about 8 years now they showed up in large scale after I moved to Florida and I have battled with them every since.  I have noticed that diet completely affects the severity of my skin condition and has gotten better over the years as my diet has improved, but unfortunately I still occasionally have flair ups and breakouts and I have one spot on my ankle that never gets better.  This is what I'm trying to end with this 10 day cleanse. When I eliminate all the toxins from my body I'm hoping it will break the hold on my body and give me some relief.
Today was similar to Day 3, nothing too exciting, except that I had fresh juiced pineapple with wheat grass, barley grass, and alfalfa!  That was AMAZING!!!.

Today's hot topic ingredient is GARLIC!!!  I love garlic and I put it in everything that I possibly can ( I've heard they make garlic ice cream.... hmm I would be game to try!)  Garlic is considered to be a herbal wonder drug touted to treat everything from the common cold to the Plague.  Although this isn't readily proven it is suggested that garlic helps maintain blood pressure and cholesterol levels. Modern science has shown that garlic is a powerful broad spectrum antibiotic. The bacteria in the body do not appear to evolve resistance to the garlic as they do to many modern pharmaceutical antibiotics. This means that its positive health benefits can continue over time rather than helping to breed antibiotic resistant "superbugs".
Studies have also shown that garlic - especially aged and black garlic - can have a powerful antioxidant effect. Antioxidants can help to protect the body against damaging free radicals.

I hope you are enjoying following me on this journey!  If you are interested in more information please sign up for my monthly newsletter!  You can scan this barcode into your smartphone or text GREENBUNNI to 22828 to send your email!  Till tomorrow!

No comments: