Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Springing a well of emotions DAY 2


Day 2 is in the past!  My Spring Green Clean detox program is going wonderfully.  I attempted to do yoga in the morning after my thirty minute cardio session but alas it was not meant to be I was going to try a new place but it took me longer to find than I expected.  I, of course, at 8 am broke down crying in the car frustrated with my partner looking at me with mysterious eyebrows raised.  Which brings me to an important point about doing a detox/cleanse. 
We mainly focus on the physical aspect of a detox when we talk about them. How much weight will I lose?  How will my skin look?  My body will be ridding itself of chemicals, metals, toxins.  But what about the other side…. The emotional detox!  The emotional detox is just as important if not more important than the physical detox.  This is the perfect time to get rid of old ideas and memories that do not serve you well, to clean out the closets of your mind and send all the garbage to the dumpster.  Meditation and yoga are both great for clearing the mind and making room for new healthy energy to flow.  Journaling or Morning Pages is another great avenue to release pent up emotions.  Sometimes during this process it will come to you to make amends to someone you haven’t spoken to in a while. 
This is also the time to get your worries out of paper and then let the universe take care of them!  One way to do this is to take a piece of paper and divide it the middle.  On one side write Me at the top then   three things you MUST accomplish today.  On the other side write Universe at the top then EVERYTHING else that you have to get done.  Now rip the page down the center crumple the universe side up and throw it away or burn it.  Only do what you need to do and allow the universe to work in accord to help you finish the other tasks (stop worrying), this is really great for financial worries or careers or your future.
I checked in with a couple of others doing the cleanse and general consensus for day two was at least 2 lbs dropped, cravings for coffee, sluggishness and some headaches.  I finished day 23 of The Asylum.  I'm feeling good my only obstacle come when I have to sit in a coffee shop (because my internet went down) or watching the people from the play I went to see ordering drinks at intermission!  Damn those toxins!

My meals for day 2 were the same except for my morning juice which was kale, beet, and apple.  I have some amazing new smoothies for tomorrow!  Can’t wait to try them! Hopping to health and looking for my golden carrot!

No comments: